1

11/14/14

Second Time Around


Last time I took a spin in overalls it was nearing 90 degrees and the rule of the time was: less fabric; the better. I was also wearing short overalls that slightly resembled the 90s child "play time" outfit of choice. In that summer post, I shared my thoughts on how I've warmed up to overalls and attempting to avoid farmer status. And you can see it has gone quite well...

Tomorrow's high is 40 degrees and well, shorts don't exactly fly anymore. With winter right around the corner- throwing shade to Mother Nature-bundling up is the normal for the next five months. Enough of me blabbering on about the weather- hit up weather.com for the latest updates on Polar Vortexes and all that jazz.

Returning to the topic of seeking overalls, I've come to find a great long pair that are the answer to all my farmer meets runway aspirations. With the help of sand paper and a pair of scissors, a little distressing roughed them up to my liking. If you're anything like me the sight DIYs scares you away but after distressing two pairs of jeans, it is much easier than imagined. Poke some holes in the knee, a little sand paper here and there, fray the ends... easy peasy. I would recommend not splurging on overalls unless you plan on wearing them everyday. 

To sum up today's post: 1) It's beginning to get very cold. 2) Second try with overalls was a success. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them. XO

 

design + development by fabulous k