1

2/27/13

New England Pride


If you remember my old post Autumn Beach, I talk about how much I love being near the water in the colder months. Something about the calm water and hazy sky just makes me giddy. Because I’m a sailor perhaps I’m just naturally drawn to the water. My favorite places to go are on the water; Newport, St.Barts, La Rochelle, and quaint towns in New England. I am so lucky to be sailing in some of these amazing places too! My second favorite thing about these places is the amazing brands and lines that come out of them. St.Barts with it’s fashionable boutiques, La Rochelle with its quintessential French shops and brands, and New England with its classic and nautical style.

Most New England brands are made by hand in their home state. The brands are all about fine detailing and perfecting the simple New England style yet tweaking it to keep it authentic. Frank Clegg has mastered the art of timeless craftsmanship with their leather goods. I’ve been dying for a bag ever since my older brother, Reid, received one for his 19th birthday (yes, I do look to my brother for style inspiration-he has mastered classic style). Some of my favorite New England brands are Sail to Sable and The Ropes Maine. Sail to Sable is a line of stylish tunic dresses in a variety of prints and fabrics. The one I’m wearing below is corduroy giving it a little bit of a cozy/winter feel. I paired it with a leather belt to cinch the waist. Lastly, I think my love for The Ropes has been showed enough ! (See here and here) New England has both abiding brands that empathizes the original “prep of New England” look but also has up and coming designers that are willing to shake things up a little.

Keep on Sailing,
Sloane






Sail to Sable Dress c/o // Asos Jacket // Converse Sneakers // Urban Outfitters Sunnies // The Ropes Bracelets c/o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them. XO

 

design + development by fabulous k