1

3/24/13

Stripes + Plaid





A.L.C Sweater (off of Gilt, similar here) // Crewcuts Boys Plaid Flannel // Asos Jacket (I love this one) // J.Brand Jeans // Tory Burch Loafers (old) // Clare Viver Clutch // Urban Outfitters Sunglasses // Asha by Adm Rings

During  the weekend, my family and I made a quick trip up to Newport, Rhode Island to watch my brother compete in a college sailing regatta. I don't know if you can tell from the pictures above, but it was really cold! I ended up adding a leather jacket underneath the outer one for extra warmth! (Spring, where are you?!)

For my outfit, I did something I don't do very often, which is mixing prints. I have been pinning a lot of mixed print looks recently and I guess I was influenced to rock it myself. Even though the mixing is not as bold, I love how the look turned out. I am obsessed with the striped A.L.C. sweater which I scored off of Gilt. It's almost cropped but not quite. The plaid flannel is cozy while the shoes and bag (Clare Viver, surprise surprise) complete the red/white/blue color scheme. Patriotic, If I don't  say.

2 comments:

  1. That jacket is so cute! You did well mixing prints. I know how you feel it is still freezing up in Ma and I'm starting to get a little desperate for spring.

    ~ Caroline
    http://peachykeencaroline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's super important to be able warm and chic! Layers are key!

      xxxx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them. XO

 

design + development by fabulous k