1

9/12/14

West Coast Kid










Elizabeth & James SS 2015

Having been to the West Coast once in my times, I can say I'm not exactly a seasoned Cali-local. Whilst religiously watching Lauren Conrad and drama unfold courtesy of MTV, I prefer to appreciate the nicer apples in the basket that embody California's culture. 

Surf vibes meet city girl are spot on thanks to the juxtaposition of blazer and mesh, or culottes (they're here to stay!) with a little nothing bathing top. Sleek and sharp with the same sporty undertone that we saw at Lacoste, Mary Kate and Ashley did nothing but impress us with an updated California cool. The designer duo have been spending a majority of their time on the West since opening up their latest The Row store, which is where the surfer influence shined through subtly. Other favorites I fell for were white-washed overalls, floral windbreakers, and striped separates which offered a flirty aspect to the collection. 

Overall? More refined and smart, and less, dare I say, "pop culture kid"? 

All my regards to Elizabeth & James for making me, a through & through East Coast girl, a wannabe West Coast kid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them. XO

 

design + development by fabulous k